McConnell Custom Design Pricing and Terms
Acknowledgment of Pricing and Terms is required prior to initial meeting or I will have to reschedule. You may do this electronically at the bottom of the page. No money is due at initial meeting. A retainer will be determined soon after the initial meeting and is required to continue work.
New Homes Plans by the Square Foot (S.F.)
New Home Design Plans charged by the square foot include pdf files of floor plans, exterior elevations, notes and schedules. The design set includes a preliminary (first) mark-up, two additional markups and final. Changes made after the final draft are charged by the hour.
- $0.50 S.F. – One story main floor on grade
- $0.65 S.F. – Two and three story main floor on grade
- $0.10 S.F. – Raised slab foundation with three or more risers
- $0.20 S.F. – Elevated main floor system
- $0.10 S.F. – Electrical plans (required by some building dept.)
- 50% retainer to start and any unpaid balance from preliminary work
- 25% due upon receipt of preliminary set (first mark-up)
- Final set produced if any mark-up is not returned within 60 days
- Final balance due upon receipt of final set
- Square foot jobs are priced by all areas to be built and the final balance is calculated by the maximum square footage drawn
- CAD files provided, upon request, after final payment is received
- Preliminary hourly work may be required without an initial sketch similar to or better than the New Home Sketch Example https://staugustinehouseplans.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/new-home-sketch-example.pdf
- Additional hourly charges may apply when flipping or changing the exterior shape of the home
- New buildings less than 1,250 S.F. may be priced by the job (not sq. ft.)
New Homes Plans Hourly Work
- Preliminary Work Hours to confirm room sizes and square footage.
- Site plans may be required by your Architectural Review Board (ARB) or others and are billed by the hour. You will need to provide a CAD survey (by others)
- Plumbing riser diagrams may be required by the City of St. Augustine and are billed by the hour
- Structural engineer’s sections supersede design sections and are not normally required in design set; however, they may be required for complicated homes or by ARB
- Highly detailed homes may require additional work by the hour
- Jobs seaward of the coastal construction line or in certain flood zones require preliminary work including consulting with a structural engineer, zoning and building departments for limitations and restrictions
Additions Plans, Remodels Plans, As-Builts Plans, General Drafting and Hourly Work
- Additions Plans, Remodels Plans and As-Builts Plans are billed by the hour (no firm price, $500 minimum)
- General Drafting and Hourly Work are billed by the hour (no firm price)
- Retainer required to start job (50% of estimated hours)
- Additional payments due upon receipt of invoice
- Hourly rate is $65
- All Payments are Due Upon Receipt (no terms)
- Payment is due within three business days of receiving invoice(s) (five business days if out of state)
- The use of copyrighted material without permission is punishable by law. Client assumes all responsibility, liability and damages that may occur by providing sketches, plans, pictures, ideas, material or communications to Tom McConnell of McConnell Custom Design. It is the clients responsibility to obtain and secure permission for modifying, copying, transferring or altering in any way protected intellectual property provided to Tom McConnell of McConnell Custom Design.
- Engineering by others
- Rates are subject to change on new jobs
- The owner/client agrees to pay a service charge of 1.5% on past due amount per month (or the maximum allowable by law, whichever is greater). If it is necessary to place the account with an attorney for collection, McConnell Custom Design is entitled to recover all attorney fees, court cost and current hourly rate for all time collecting outstanding monies owed.
Acknowledgment of Pricing and Terms for McConnell Custom Design of St. Augustine, FL
Signature _______________________________________________ (Owner/Client)
Print Name ______________________________________________
Date _____ / _____ / _________